Monday, November 27, 2006

Dylan's Having Troubles

Tough day. It appears that something is going wrong with Dylan's lungs, a circumstance which isn't totally unheard of in preemies, but one which is difficult to handle for us. Although we've been assured tha DYlan is comfortable, MY comfort level is at an all time low because I realize exactly how helpless I am here. Anyway, they have put him on a ventilator for now and, as difficult as it was to look at and see, I took some pictures of the whole thing, so that WHEN he makes it through this, we'll be able to look back and remember how difficult this was...

I also took a short (though longer than the ones below,) video. Though the sound on the video doesn't really pick up the constant 'click click click' of the ventilator, trust me when I say it's one of the most horrendous sounds a father could ever hear. I hated it and it made me sad and afraid and everything else that comes with it. It also made Dylan take many short breaths instead of normal ones, which looked inhuman and painful (though the nurses insisted he was comfortable.)

No comments: